OK I’ve made these pretzel peanut butter bars a few times and have finally perfected them! I’ve done them with or without the chocolate drizzle and both are good but let’s be honest- chocolate wins!
I start by melting the coconut oil, honey and peanut butter. The white chocolate peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co is amazing so I loved using it for this recipe. I always have at least 2 types of their peanut butter in my cabinets- no shame. Their flavored peanut butters are simply the best and don’t have a bunch of gross ingredients in them.
While that melts on low, I combine the dry mix of oats, flax seeds and crushed pretzels. I just crush the pretzels with my hand so you can still taste them in the bar. Gives it a nice crunch.
Then combine the peanut butter mix into the dry mix and stir it gently until combined. You want it all to be sticking together. If it’s not then add a little more peanut butter.
Press is into an 8×8 baking dish on top of parchment paper. Drizzle that melted chocolate over the bars and pop them in the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden. Check out that chocolate!!
I chop the bars up into 8 total bars. I kept some in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. They unfreeze quickly and still taste great. I’ve had a few taste testers with these (not just the kiddies) and they’ve all given great reviews! Let me know how you like them!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup white chocolate peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 2 tblsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- Melt the honey, coconut oil and peanut butter over low heat on stove.
- Mix oatmeal, flax seeds and pretzels in large bowl.
- Combine the melted peanut butter mix into the oat mix.
- Press mixture into an 8x8 dish on top of parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or on stove and drizzle over bars.
- Put in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Take out of dish and chop into bars. Store in fridge or freezer.