It’s time for another Sunday Funday drink post and this month I have a light, refreshing strawberry sangria. Strawberry season is upon us so why not use those extra berries for something we enjoy. I love all the new Polar seltzer waters that are out so I knew I wanted to create a drink using a new flavor. I like to keep them light without a lot of added sugar. Perfect time to use the new strawberry sunrise flavor.
I’m not typically a big sangria girl but I know a lot of ladies like it. It’s a great drink when hosting a party because it’s easy to make and can be made for a crowd. I’m not going to lie, I tried to make this with red wine at first. I thought; strawberries = red wine. NOPE. It just wasn’t doing it for me. Not sweet enough. So we went with white wine. White wine is better in the summer anyways.
I let this puppy brew in the fridge overnight so the flavors could blend together. I put all the ingredients except for the soda water into the pitcher. I didn’t want the soda water to get flat and there also wasn’t enough room in my pitcher. You could add the soda water to your pitcher if you have room right before serving the drink. The strawberry puree does separate from the wine so be sure to mix it occasionally. Enjoy!
- 2 cups pureed strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 bottle pinot grigio
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 bottle Seltzer Strawberry Sunrise
- 1 orange cut in slices
- Puree strawberries with blender and measure out 2 cups worth.
- Put strawberries in pitcher and add sugar, orange juice, pinot grigio, vodka.
- Squeeze sliced oranges into pitcher.
- Let sit in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Add seltzer when ready to serve and garnish with fresh strawberries and orange.